Delta Sigma Theta Sorority is a private, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide assistance and support through established programs in local communities throughout the world.
Since its founding in 1913 Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. has clearly distinguished itself as a public service organization that boldly confronts the challenges of African Americans and, hence, all Americans. Over the years, a wide range of programs addressing education, health, international development, and strengthening of the African American family have evolved. In realizing its mission, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. provides an extensive array of public service initiatives through its Five-Point Program Thrust of Economic Development, Educational Development, International Awareness and Involvement, Physical and Mental Health, and Political Awareness and Involvement.
● Financial Fortitude
● Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy
● Delta GEMS - Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully
● EMBODI: Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence
INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS AND INVOLVEMENT:
● Mary Help of the Sick Mission Hospital (formerly Thika Memorial Hospital)
● Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Elementary School (Chérette, Haiti)
● Delta House (Mbabane, Swaziland)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH:
● Healthy Lifestyle: Total Woman: Mind, Body, and Spirit
POLITICAL AWARENESS AND INVOLVEMENT:
● Delta Days in the Nation's Capital
● Delta Day at the United Nations
● Social Action